High-Speed Real-Time Data Recording and Playback System
Offers COTS Configurations with Customizable Features
- Complete multiband recording and playback system
- 4U 19 inch industrial rack-mount PC server chassis
- Windows® 7 Professional workstation with high-performance Intel® CoreTM i7 processor
- 16-bit 200 MHz A/Ds
- 16-bit 800 MHz D/As
- Real-time sustained recording rates of up to 1600 MB/sec
- Configurations from one to eight channels of recording and playback
- From 2 to 20 terabytes storage to NTFS RAID disk array
- RAID levels of 0, 1, 5 , 6, 10 and 50
- SystemFlow® GUI (graphical user interface) with Signal Viewer analysis tool
- File headers include time stamping and recording parameters
- Optional DDC decimation and DUC interpolation range from 2 to 65,536
- Up to 80 MHz record and playback signal bandwidths
- IF frequencies to 700 MHz
- Optional GPS time and position stamping
Model 2706 High-Speed Real-Time Recorder and Playback System
The Pentek Model 2706 is a turnkey, multiband recording and playback system for recording and reproducing high-bandwidth signals. The Model 2706 uses 16-bit, 200 MHz A/D converters and provides sustained recording rates up to 1600 MB/sec in four-channel configuration. Using Pentek's high-powered Virtex-6-based Cobalt modules, it offers flexibility in channel count, with optional downconversion capabilities. Optional 16-bit, 800 MHz D/A converters with upconversion allow real-time reproduction of recorded signals.
A/D sampling rates, DDC decimations and bandwidths, D/A sampling rates, and DUC interpolations are among the GUI (graphical user interface) selectable system parameters, providing a fully programmable system capable of recording and reproducing a wide range of signals.
Optional GPS time and position stamping allows the user to record this critical signal information.
The Model 2706 includes the SystemFlow® recording software. SystemFlow features a Windows-based GUI (graphical user interface) that provides a simple means to configure and control the system. Custom configurations can be stored as profiles and later loaded when needed, allowing the user to select preconfigured settings with a single click.
SystemFlow also includes signal viewing and analysis tools, that allow the user to monitor the signal prior to, during, and after a recording session. These tools include a virtual oscilloscope and a virtual spectrum analyzer.
Built on a Windows 7 Professional workstation, the Model 2706 allows the user to install post processing and analysis tools to operate on the recorded data. The system records data to the native NTFS file system, providing immediate access to the recorded data.
SystemFlow Signal Viewer
The SystemFlow Signal Viewer includes a virtual oscilloscope and spectrum analyzer for signal monitoring in both the time and frequency domains. It is extremely useful for previewing live inputs prior to recording, and for monitoring signals as they are being recorded to help ensure successful recording sessions. The viewer can also be used to inspect and analyze the recorded files after the recording is complete.
Advanced signal analysis capabilities include automatic calculators for signal amplitude and frequency, second and third harmonic components, THD (total harmonic distortion) and SINAD (signal to noise and distortion). With time and frequency zoom, panning modes, and dual annotated cursors to mark and measure points of interest, the SystemFlow Signal Viewer can often eliminate the need for a separate oscilloscope or spectrum analyzer in the field. For more information, click here.