Advances in optical interface technology boost performance levels to help meet increasing data rates and signal bandwidths. New specifications define how to deploy these optical links within open industry standards, affording improved interoperability and supporting future upgrades. Offering many advantages over traditional copper connections, optical links will boost data rates, improve signal integrity and security, and greatly extend distance between system components.
Pentek's Flexor Model 5973 3U VPX Virtex-7 FMC carrier is the industry's first VITA 66.4 optical backplane product. Samtec FireFly optical transceivers deliver data rates up to 12 GB/sec full duplex to the backplane supporting a wide range of protocols implemented within the FPGA.
Virtex-7 Processor and FMC Carrier - 3U VPX
Flexor Virtex-7 Processor and FMC Carrier - PCIe
Adaptive Relay, Virtex-6 FPGA - XMC
6U VPX Development System for Cobalt and Onyx Boards
- 9U 19-inch rackmount, 9-slot, 16-inch deep chassis which houses 6U VPX boards
- 64-bit Windows® or Linux® workstation
- Intel® Core™ i7 3.6 GHz processor
- 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM
- Out-of-the-box ready-to-run examples
Pentek's Signal Analyzer is a full-featured analysis tool that continuously displays live signals in both time and frequency domains. The signal analyzer is available with all SPARK development systems.
200 MS/sec RF/IF Rugged Portable Recorder
- 80 MHz record and playback signal bandwidths
- Recording & playback of IF signals up to 700 MHz
- Real-time sustained recording rates of up to 3.2 GB/sec
Serial FPDP Value Rackmount Recorder
- Real-time aggregate recording rates up to 400 MB/sec
- Windows® workstation with high-performance Intel® Core™ i3 processor
- SystemFlow® recording software
- C-callable API for integration of recorder into application
- File headers include time stamping and recording parameters
- Optional GPS time and position stamping
The SystemFlow® Simulator demonstrates the Configuration, Record, Playback and Status screens to illustrate the intuitive controls and indicators of the recorder.
It also includes the SystemFlow Signal Viewer to display simulated live signals being digitized and recorded by a Pentek analog signal recorder.
The SystemFlow Signal Viewer includes a virtual oscilloscope and a virtual spectrum analyzer for signal monitoring in both the time and frequency domains.
Q&A with Pentek
Q: How do I get help when I have a technical problem with a Pentek product?
A: Pentek offers FREE support to all our customers. The best way to contact support is to email firstname.lastname@example.org with some background information about your application and a description of the problem.
Q: I just received an email from YourPentek informing me that the software we are using has been upgraded. Do I need to upgrade? How do I get an upgrade?
A: There are many reasons we choose to upgrade the software. It could be to add functionality for a new board, to add support for an upgraded operating system, or to fix a bug in the software.
Typically, if you have a working application, it is probably not necessary to upgrade the software unless you need to accommodate a change in your system. If you are unsure, please contact our support staff at email@example.com and ask them to guide you.