Pentek Launches PC Development System for Software Radio Applications That Gets Customers Up and Running Quickly
Upper Saddle River, NJ - April 29, 2013 -
Pentek, Inc., today announced the launch of the newest member of the SPARK development systems, Model 8266 PC development system, pre-configured to speed application development for the expansive family of Pentek Cobalt® Virtex-6 and Onyx® Virtex-7 FPGA PCI Express software radio and data acquisition I/O boards. The Model 8266 is delivered with the selected Pentek hardware configured for either Windows or Linux along with ReadyFlow® BSP drivers and software examples, fully installed and tested. Upon delivery, the system allows development engineers to immediately run example applications out-of-the-box.
"The Model 8266 is offered as a standard pre-integrated platform, saving our customers valuable time and cost in selecting, assembling and configuring components for a high-performance, real-time development system," stated Rodger Hosking, vice president of Pentek. "We resolve the typical hardware, operating system and software compatibility obstacles inherent in new PC development platforms. All hardware is installed in appropriate slots, fully configured with proper cabling, power and cooling strategies, and optimized BIOS and operating system settings. The customer simply needs to remove the system from the package and start developing. As an added benefit, the tested and proven configuration of the Model 8266 streamlines Pentek customer support."
Pentek collaborates with customers to select from the extensive family of 786xx Cobalt® and 787xx Onyx® PCI Express modules and then evaluates system requirements to define the Model 8266 configuration most appropriate for the final application.
Pentek ReadyFlow drivers and board support libraries are preinstalled and tested with the Model 8266. ReadyFlow includes example applications with full source code, a command line interface for custom control over hardware, and Pentek's Signal Analyzer, a full-featured analysis tool that continuously displays live signals in both time and frequency domains.
Built on a professional 4U rackmount workstation, the Model 8266 is equipped with the Intel Core i7® processor, DDR3 SDRAM and a high-performance PCIe motherboard. These features accelerate application code development and provide unhindered access to the high-bandwidth PCIe links connecting the Cobalt and Onyx analog and digital I/O modules. All necessary coaxial and timing cables are installed and tested, providing SMA connectivity for all analog I/O lines. The Model 8266 can be configured with 64-bit Windows or Linux operating systems.
Pricing and Availability
For the latest pricing, delivery and available options, please fill out this form and your request will be delivered to the appropriate department. To learn more about our products or to discuss your specific application please email our sales department at email@example.com, contact your local representative or Pentek directly:
One Park Way
Upper Saddle River, NJ 07458
Tel: +1 (201) 818-5900
Fax: +1 (201) 818-5904
Map + Directions
- Model 78611 Quad Serial FPDP Interface with Virtex-6 FPGA - PCIe
- Model 78620 3-Channel 200 MHz A/D and 2-Channel 800 MHz D/A with Virtex-6 FPGA - PCIe
- Model 78621 3-Ch 200 MHz A/D with DDC & 2-Ch 800 MHz D/A with DUC, Virtex-6 FPGA - PCIe
- Model 78630 1 GHz A/D and D/A with Virtex-6 FPGA - PCIe
- Model 78640 1-Chan 3.6 GHz or 2-Chan 1.8 GHz 12-bit A/D with Virtex-6 FPGA - PCIe
- Model 78641 1-Channel 3.6 GHz or 2-Channel 1.8 GHz 12-bit A/D with DDC - PCIe
- Model 78650 2-Channel 500 MHz A/D and 2-Channel 800 MHz D/A with Virtex-6 FPGA - PCIe
- Model 78651 2-Ch 500 MHz A/D with DDC & 2-Ch 800 MHz D/A with DUC, Virtex-6 FPGA - PCIe
- Model 78660 4-Channel 200 MHz, 16-bit A/D with Virtex-6 FPGA - PCIe
- Model 78661 4-Channel 200 MHz A/D with DDC, Virtex-6 FPGA - PCIe
- Model 78662 4-Channel 200 MHz A/D with 32-Channel DDC, Virtex-6 FPGA - PCIe
- Model 78670 4-Channel 1.25 GHz, 16-bit D/A with Virtex-6 FPGA - PCIe
- Model 78671 4-Ch 1.25 GHz, 16-bit D/A with DUC, Extended Interpolation, Virtex-6 - PCIe
- Model 78690 L-Band RF Tuner and 2-Channel 200 MHz A/D with Virtex-6 FPGA - PCIe
- Model 78720 3-Channel 200 MHz A/D and 2-Channel 800 MHz D/A with Virtex-7 FPGA - PCIe
- Model 78760 4-Channel 200 MHz, 16-bit A/D with Virtex-7 FPGA - PCIe
- Model 8266 SPARK PC Development System for PCIe Cobalt, Onyx and Flexor Boards
Photos and Attachments
Barbara Stewart, Patterson & Associates
9549 East Covey Trail, Scottsdale, AZ 85262
Tel: +1 (480) 488-6909, Fax: +1 (480) 488-8909